Fairy or Pixie is a term that is often used in folklore, fairy tales, fiction, to describe a creature that has supernatural powers, and sometimes intervene in human affairs. In Indonesia, the term is often used in the translation of fairy figures depicting an elf or a fairy (the term in English) in fiction and tales from Europe.
On modern fiction, the characters from fairy often in all adopt the original version, and is used in contemporary fantasy fiction with a variety of drawing, hanging by the author or creator. The word "fairy" has been misused throughout the history of the English language by the human race. There is a belief that the word "fairy" is an ancient term, which emerged after the mid-term is defined as evil women who have magical powers.
In England the name was originally derived from the word fairy Elvish since before the year 1000 AD, meaning the fairies. In folklore, the supernatural beings is a powerful racial group.
According to the Indo-European root, it is likely that the name originated from albiz, although its origin is unknown, which is a derivation of albho, which means "white". This word became popular among white people until now. In modern times, can still be found existence as surnames and family names, such as: Ælfræd "Advisory-fairy" (Alfred), Ælfwine "Friend-Fairy" (Alvin), Aelfric "fairy Government" (Eldridge), and also name- woman's name, as Ælfflæd "beauty-fairy".
Elf name is also associated with hair interrelated, which is believed to bring misfortune, if the connection is released. French term "fai" comes from the Latin Language "fatae" which means fairy women who visited a home when there is a birth and foresee the future of the baby, as was done by the three fates (Three fates).
The word "fairy" actually means "fat-erie", such as "state ofenchanment and that transferred fromthe object to the agent". Pixie is a "runt" who has great power and authority, especially in the Celtic and Irish mainland. For people of Irish descent, peri-peri is the origin of their descendants, the Tuatha de Danaan. They are better known as the "Daoine Sidhe" or "Sidhe" (pronounced "Shee") in Ireland, "Sith" in Higlands, "Pisgies" in Cornwall, and "elves" in Scotland / UK.
According to some researchers, the English term is most appropriate for people with attention problems ethnicity is "Elf". Although the term "Elf" is often a matter of controversy, the author Poortvliet and Huygen, "Elves" is the spirit / soul of air from nature, who loves dancing happily dances and plays stringed musical equipment.
They can also live underground, inside / on the water, in the air, and most of them have wings. Although Elf general term for the tiny people, the other terms are also often used as "sprites", "pixie", "nixie", "fauns", "brownies", "dwarves", "leprechauns", and "fairy ( elf) ".
"Sprite" is a general term for midgets like "pixies", "spirit which means wood spirits, water, or natural spirits, elves from Celtic called" Faeries ". "Dwarf" is commonly used to mention "Dark Elves", but the most commonly preferred term is "The Good Neighbors".
Some other names that they preferred: "The SeelieCourt", "Them Ones", "The Strangers", "The little People", "The Fair Folk", "The Good Folk", "The Forgetful Folk", "The Hidden Folk "," Them "," Mother's Blessing "," The Lovers "," The Night Folk "," The Little Darling ", etc..
There is some controversy among researchers as to who the Good Neighbors is or in other words, What are they exactly? When the question is dealt with in a discussion, we usually get a variety of responses, but most of the human mind mengkonsepkannya as "wee (small)" or "little (small)".
Elves are often told to have a form similar to humans, often also believed to be the embodiment of the spirit or jinn who incarnated as a beautiful woman who likes to interrupt. Fairies sometimes described as having a long and pointy ears, and have long hair. Peri also often described could shapeshift, or take the form of a beautiful woman who can suddenly disappear.
Peri also often identified as mythological beings. In the depiction in folklore that uses the term "fairy", is often different definition of what it actually fairies, on the one hand this name is often associated with supernatural beings, such as demons, but on the other hand, the fairies are described as being more real.
"Elves" can take various forms, as a people with a variety of beauty, god of sex, old women, men limp / lame hunchback, goats, cows, pigs, witches, caterpillars, butterflies, cats, rocks, leaves, plants, cobwebs, or even a breeze. Their size ranges from the size of an insect to a larger size than humans. They are unstable and easily change shape in various forms and nature, and can not be distinguished from one another.
Too many experts tales (folklorist) is conducting research to investigate this phenomenon first, this is not the case. Many researchers stated that the description of the dwarf with the insect wing is a simple evolution of knowledge and customs, initially these stories do not portray them as small or dwarf, it actually has the same size as humans.
As to the question whether they exist or not, all we need to do is ask an Irishman who would briefly replied, "I do not believe in fairies, but they are there".
Elves can be described as good (helping people) or evil. Described benevolent fairy is a fairy house that lived with humans. However, not all illustrated fairy house out in the evening, there was also a house elf that came out during the day.
While described as a cause of the evil fairy misled anyone in his way. Peri is also often described as mischievous (naughty and fun), whether good or mischief that brings disrepute. In Europe a naughty little boy and difficult to control is often described as "just like a little fairy".
The depiction of the origins of fairies are often associated with a type / class of supernatural creatures such as demons, which often originate from mountainous areas. Didi they live underground, inside / on the water, and in the air.
However, in its development, fairies portrayed as small creatures that can sleep on flowers, live in the forest and the trees keep the so-called fairy forest, or staying indoors with humans like a house elf character.
Many Christians believe that they are angels who rebelled in heaven, and then thrown out, and because they are not too nasty to go to hell, they are sent to live forever on earth and that is why they could very well act like angels or otherwise as the devil.
Many believe paintings are artistic fairies with wings, an amalgamation of the angel made by Christians. Some are given as a variation of the dwarfs with insect wings, body size, shadow ghosts, half beast and half man, and has the nature of god.
Confidence in the Good Folk flourished in the past when everything was surrounded by spirits / ghosts. Trees or corals lose the name "Fred" or "Krystal" which is part of the daily life of the nation. So is the "Good Folk". They are symbolized by a title and play an important role in everyone's life.
But this is a time when everyone believed in many gods, gods, spirits, ancestors, and creatures. Nowadays, if someone stated, believe in fairies they are often ostracized. "So, if they exist, why can not we see it?" This is a question that may arise in our minds all the time.
Ranging from "nature spirit (nature spirits)", happy, sad, angry, happy, nature keperian, resentment, grim, hostile, love, and hate, as "nature itself" (they take a variety of different forms, as the energies of "Mother Earth"), droughts, storms, earthquakes, dim light, peace, peace, or destruction.
They are not limited to our world, they can bounce between both worlds with a moving finger or wrinkled her nose. They have a natural magic skills that can make them quickly is not visible and can never be seen by human eyes, but of their own volition to be seen. Because of their ability to reason, man can not see them. Many exercise or discipline to do to overcome obstacles allow ourselves to see them.
In the childhood mind and limits the mind has not been damaged by a variety of behavior / habits, sehigga children often get to see them, without difficulty and will tell their tale vision with pride (of course make their parents were surprised with their imaginary friends and make them feel stupid to believe in things like that).
In the songs that contain magical powers the web of life can also make us able to see them easily, such as the poet, astrologer, musician, shaman, one who has clairvoyance (the sharpness of feelings), and naturalist.
Hallucinogenic substances and herbs, magical ceremonies, and changes in circumstances, can also allow many people to get to see them. A conviction even though the conditions for opening relations with them have emotional ties or "blood relationship" with them.
Relationships with them are considered very difficult to do, especially sexual relations, and both are limited by various taboos.
A very brilliant movie produced in 1993 for children called "Fern Gully". This movie gives a detailed and interesting story about the separation between fairy and human world.
Where this movie brings Hollywood fantasy elements, animation, trend over patrial (paternal line), and the parable - this brings the true heart and spirit of the wood. They are guarded by wooden dilindungidan. They are also protected by the natural reefs, land, sea, or sky.
They are the natural mother of children that may be necessary for us to watch. Somewhere along the way we lost that relationship. So where are they hiding?
While many of the Little People have been displaced from the human world, the fairy run into the ground (called "Elfame") evils is still going on in that place, the houses were abandoned, the tops of mountains, rivers, and open fields. Depending on the type and variety where we can find them.
Nancy Arrowsmith, author of "A Field Guide to The LittlePeople" elves divided into three main categories:
Light Elves (shape changer, pedestrian / passer in four dimensions is known, quickly faded beauty. Naturally dwarf the best man, and rarely seen).
Dark Elves (inhabitants of the earth, can change colors like a chameleon can be gray-brown, black, red, inhabiting the house like dark corners, looked in the afternoon or late at night)
Dusky Elves (many, tied to the environment, life is governed by the laws of space and time, easily recognizable by humans, and usually bound padapohon their origin, vegetation, ditches, mounds of earth / tomb, or pond). http://anehdidunia.blogspot.com
Elves are usually in the form of old creatures and bring a lot of ethnic characteristics, generally European past, especially Lapps, Celts, and Teutons. They can be solved by man with a secret opening times Those who actually.
Elves tend to be conservative, and not like iron, steel, and industrialization, and blaming it as the cause of separation between elves and humans. They look down on people who follow new ways, even on issues tabunya using salt and spices in food.
Elves deemed to have holes and never backs foraging in our world. Elf women have saggy breasts that panjangseperti most animals and working while padabeberapa feeding her at the same time.
Elves have some way like a human with no exceptions on some parts of her body like an animal body, such as the legs, ears, skin, or teeth.
If they are dressed, usually with peasant clothes or wearing special magic colors (usually red or green). They hate the materialistic nature.
There are various types and each type has its own unique name, here are some of the names who've known fairy in alphabetical order and the general explanation:
1. Asrais - small, gentle, fairy boy. Not be exposed to direct sunlight; besides that they would merge into a pool of water.
2. Banshee - "fairy woman"; soul is attached to family-specific ancestry. When a family member was dying, the family will hear the banshee cry. Not always scary.
3. Bogles - Generally a demon-nature essentially Goblins although they are likely to do harm to liars and murderers.
4. Brownies - Generally happy human being around the house and yard. Friendly and really helpful.
5. Dwarfs - stocky stature and strong. Reach adulthood at the age of three years old and gray and bearded by the age of seven years. Mentioned that they could not look at the sun, so to see it have to turn them to stone. However, there are potions and spells that can make them resistant to sunlight.
6. Dryads - They are the souls who inhabit the trees, especially oak trees. Druids used them as a source of inspiration.
7. Elves - Another name known fairy troops. They are divided into the Seelie and Unseelie.
8. Fir Darrig - (Fear Deang) In practical jokers of a gruesome nature. They could change his face into whoever he wants.
9. Gnomes - Basic elements of the earth. They live under the ground and keep the treasures on earth. Gnome metal workers are awesome, especially for swords and armor.
10. Goblins - Is the name used for the species a bad fairy. They are small and malicious, and usually band together as they lost their abilities to act alone. They are usually controlled by a Mage to maksus-malicious intent.
11. Gwragged Annwn - (Gwageth anoon) is a water nymph, who occasionally take human men to be their husbands.
12. Gwyllion - Scottish water is a ghost. They are mostly seen as a hairy men or hideous female spirits who intercept and mislead the night walkers on the mountain roads. Happy mountain fairy sitting on a rock on one side of a mountain path and silently watch people menlintas.
13. Hobgoblins - a general name for a strange but friendly little creatures we call dwarves.
14. Knockers (Buccas) - Spirit of the mining area that is friendly to the miners. They knocked on the many layers of ore metal content.
15. Leprechauns - very shrewd and cunning and can disappear in the blink of an eye. They particularly loved, and active in the days of Saint Patrick, but any day is good for them.
16. Mer-People-Mermaid - They live in the water, but they resemble the human from the waist up and has a tail like a fish. They are irresistible lure fishermen to their deaths. Also called Murdhuacha (muroo-cha) or Merrows.
17. Pixies - Frequent form of hedgehogs. Those evil fairy who enjoy manipulating other people and nations fairies. They also love to steal horses to ride.
18. Phouka - Can be seen in various animal forms and is usually harmless.
19. Redcap - One of the most evil of the old Border Goblins. He lived in the ruined towers and castles, especially those with a history of crime. He dyes his cap in human blood.
20. Shefro - Peri man wearing a green robe and red hat.
21. Sidhe (shee) - The name for the fairies that live below ground level. An old burial mound or small hill that has a door leading to the underground kingdom of the beautiful fairy.
22. Sluagh - Spirit curious that his death was unforgivable, or idolaters. Is a great opponent for fairy plateau. Spriggans - Told ugly, strange and stunted in their natural world, but it can change the shape of a giant in size. Spriggans a vicious criminal gangs, experts in stealing, wrecking the deft and dangerous. They are capable of robbing human houses, kidnapping children (and leaving a repulsive baby Spriggan in exchange).
23. Trolls - Do not like the sun. They often perform dances odd piece ear piece called 'Henking'.
24. Trows - Same with the Trolls and like them, anti to sunlight. They also do a dance 'Henking'.
25. Urisk - is a fairy who often inhabit remote ponds deserted. He would often manifest themselves in the human group, but the emergence of a strange and sinister is the way he does.
26. Water Fairies - It is the provider of food for the plants and taker of life. They combine beauty with treachery and death. They can be a friend or foe.